Wednesday 20 November 2013

Top Ten | Books

I do love a good book and wish I could read more without uni work getting in the way but here's a list of my top ten favourite books. It's a weird mix but there all ones I would read over and over again. 

My favourite type of books are autobiography's so I'll start with them.











Mud, Sweat and Tears by Bear Grylls 

As soon as I read this book, I started all over again, it's that good. I don't know what it was about his story but it was so life positive. It made me want to climb Mt. Everest myself!










My Shit Life So Far by Frankie Boyle 

I know how controversial Frankie Boyle is as a comedian but I like him. I don't get offended over jokes or by people I don't know personally so I find him hilarious and this book matches his dark humour.










I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osborne

Funny, funny, funny book. You don't have to be a heavy metal fan to enjoy this book. His antics are entertainment enough. Ozzy is one of my favourite people! 








Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling

This is my favourite book and film of the series. I actually got told off by my mummy and brother for putting this on everyday after school for like a term straight. Not even ashamed to say I was 18 at the time.








Sleepovers by Jacqueline Wilson 

This is a weird one but I felt bad leaving it out but this was my favourite book as a kid. I swear I've read it over 100 times. I haven't read it in years but making this list reminded me off it and I'm going to buy a copy soon. I hope it's as good as I remember!










On The Road by Jack Kerouac

I loved the style of writing in this book and the way they spoke years ago. I've seen the film and wasn't impressed really so I read the book again to make sure I didn't forget how much I loved Jack Kerouac. 







Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildren D. Taylor

This book is narrated by Cassie, a child growing up in 'The South' after the American Civil War when racism was still very common. It's such an interesting story and you learn to understand how life was like back then and the impact of racism.  









The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 

I read this shortly before the movie came out and quickly tried to circle it around my friends so they could get hyped about the movie release as well. A big group of us went to see the movie and came out changed peeps.







Under The Hawthorn Tree by Marita Conlon-McKenna

This is the first in the Children of the Famine trilogy set at the time of the Great Famine in Ireland. In Irish mythology, the hawthorn is linked with the otherworld so you can expect a few deaths. Great insight to the struggles of that time. 








Face to Face with Serial Killers by Christopher Berry-Dee

I have about six books on serial killers and psychopaths, I'm a bit obsessed but I just find it so interesting. This book gives in-depth descriptions of some of the most famous serial killer cases. It helped me a lot in my crime module at uni but to be honest I would have read it for fun anyway. 





I hope I still like these in years to come and it will be good to look back on and jog my memory if I'm ever stuck for my next read.

Speak Soon, Stay Lucky x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome book collection! I am fascinated by serial killers so I would love to read the last one especially ! I haven't read Perks of Being a Wallflower but the movie made me cry like a baby so I really should read it.. :)

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of books! You should read "Go Ask Alice", it's a really good read!!

    -Alyx
    thevixenbombshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I really appreciate and enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...